Boat Steering Australia is a leading brand that specializes in Outboard and Inboard boat steering. BSA is dedicated to providing our customers with tough Boat steering products at incredibly low prices. All our products are stocked in our Australian warehouses, and we provide free and fast postage Australia wide.
INBOARD HYDRUALIC STEERING KIT
- 150 HP Hydraulic Steering Kit: The BSA hydraulic Inboard boat steering kit includes a steering wheel, balanced steering cylinder, a low-friction helm, 8 meters twin nylon braided hydraulic hose, and 2 litres of hydraulic fluid with fill kit.
- Built-in Two-way Lock Cylinder: Output force: 409kg. The cylinder has a built-in two-way locking valve. Features a robust enamelled cast aluminium design and a sealing system to withstand the harsh environment.
- Helm Pump Max Working pressure: 6.9 Mpa/1000 psi. Helm Pump displacement 22cc. A low friction helm for smooth and comfortable steering.
- Cut-to-length Hoses: Our high-strength braided nylon hose is equipped with quick-fit 5/16” compression fittings for easy and fast installation and multiple re-uses. Each hose is 8 meters long and can be cut for your specific installation, accommodating most sized boats.
- Great Partner for Your Boat: Our hydraulic steering kit is for single-Inboard powered boats rated up to 150HP, including runabouts and inflatables.
NOTES: Fitting. Although these kits are simple to install. At BSA we understand just how important steering systems are for boats. We always recommend getting a professional marine mechanic to install any steering systems.
How does BSA Hydraulic boat steering work?
On boats, hydraulic steering is usually used with mid to high horsepower Inboard engines.
Hydraulic steering systems use a nylon braided hydraulic hose to control the steering. This offers larger or high-powered vessels a smooth, lightweight feel when turning the steering wheel. With fewer metal parts than a mechanical system, hydraulic steering has the benefit of being more resistant to corrosion.
There are two main parts to hydraulic boat systems – the helm and the cylinder.
Helm – made of a hydraulic pump and valves. When the steering wheel is turned the pump is activated, and a swash plate presses on small piston pumps. The helm is responsible for converting the rotating motion of the steering wheel into a push-pull action on the hydraulic cylinder.
Cylinder – moves when fluid is pumped from the helm after the wheel is turned. The cylinder acts between two points on the outboard and doesn’t exert any force on the hull or deck. The cylinder is made up of a ram, bored cylinder and hardware.